Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Style Updates

The good the bad the ugly..

There are many different styles out for the summer as summer is the main season for experimenting and being creative with colours, patterns and textures. Summer also gives us a chance to wear our clothes without covering the outfit up with a coat. Due to Ireland's present heatwave we can wear shorts, skirts and dresses that are usually stored away for our foreign holidays.

In this article I am going to focus on Topshops. Topshop would be one of my favourite shops along with Hollister,Penneys, Asos, Forever 21 and my recent favourites from my trip to Spain Pull and Bear, Bershka and Stradivarius. I highly recommend you to take a look at these shops online.

TIP: Topshop currently has a mid season sale on which is really good.

Vintage Denim Skirt

I am all for vintage and I am all for denim but when I saw this skirt I got an allergic reaction. It reminds me of a very very swingy version of a  skirt my Nan would wear. 
Firstly, If you think you want to try and wear this catastrophe you must be skinny and tall to take it. If you are small it will take over your petite frame. If you are not skinny it will just add on those avoidable pounds.
As a rule I don't like denim skirts because they remind me of what I wore when I was really young. However I do wear a light denim bow mini skirt. You shouldn't just cut out all denim skirts like I tend to do because you can find some fabulous ones. 

This is a style I would avoid at all costs. However, just like I hated skinny jeans when they first came out I could be eating my words eventually, but I hope not! 

Topshop's vintage denim skirt.

My bow denim skirt.

Midi Dresses And Skirts

I love the new Midi dresses and skirts that are in fashion right now. They are all the rage just like when skater skirts and crop tops took storm.
I don't necessarily think they are only for tall women, petite women can also pull them off once they fit properly and they are the right "midi" length.
Petite midi dresses and skirts are available in Topshop.
However, people do wear them wrong. If you are wearing a midi dress or skirt you must have the figure, not the skinny made of bones look but the curves but toned body.The majority of them are made with a  very clingy fabric that hugs the curves of a woman. If you have to wear "magic knickers", who is to know once you look good, right?

As mentioned many times before, Shoes can make or break your look. Why would you throw on shoes that can ruin your outfit. First - Don't wear  hightops or any runner-type shoes with a midi skirt or dress. The midi dress and skirts are a sophisticated look, why would you ruin that??
Second - although I say yes to heels stay clear from the thick thick heel, you must wear something more simple to elongate the bit of leg you are showing. 

I don't own a midi dress and skirt because I think I am too young to pull the look off and don't have the perfect body for it. I think it looks gorgeous on 18 + year olds. It depends on where you live and where you are. Its a look that you can wear to work or to an occasion. 
Topshop Midi Dress

Topshop PETITE Midi Dress

Topshop Midi dress - Stick with plain accessories with this beautiful vibrant colour.(detail in back)

Lace

Topshop has a wide range of lace collection. I love lace as it is generally white ( a favourite colour of mine) and its elegant and light. You can do so much with lace from dressing it up and down, while it generally is "dressy". Anyone can wear lace and it adds a classic look. You can also accessorise lace effortlessly.

Lace trim socks

Topshop Petite Necklace Lace Top

Topshop Petite lace detailed scarlet red playsuit
Topshop Casual light peach knitted jumper with lace trim
  

Playsuits

Playsuits have to be my favourite thing to wear. Its a one piece with shorts, whats not to love?
Generally, playsuits are very slimming. They were never "in" fashion to a high degree but I love them and not a lot of people wear them. 
Your height doesn't matter when it comes to playsuits. You can cover your belly and show off you legs an back or even wear a low neckline. Playsuits are very flattering overall

Topshop White Necklace playsuit.

Topshop Orange playsuit Jumpsuit
Topshop (Motel) Hoppy Playsuit


I hope you liked this article, if you have and questions or feedback please drop a comment below :)
-Love Ella x





No comments:

Post a Comment