Monday, June 24, 2013

Harebrained for Hats

Simple Steps To Style Your Hats & Hair bands

At events such as weddings, Christenings, Communions and the Races every woman wants to stand out. A glamorous take on creating the perfect look is the addition of a hat or head piece especially when trying to achieve a classic look. We see beautiful models all over the catwalk wearing big flourished hats and head gear.The Royal Wedding in 2011 was packed with woman with eccentric hats such as Princess Beatrice and Victoria Beckham.
Victoria Beckham at the Royal Wedding 2011

Princess Beatrice

After spending money on your dress, bag, shoes and of course beauty essentials such as tan, hair and make up, splashing money on a hat that realistically won't get another wear is pretty stupid. I know when I began looking for a hat for the races I knew I didn't want to spend much money yet I was determined to get something I loved and that would match my dress and look. After browsing online going to many shops such as Topshop, Debehmans and Razzle Dazzle I couldn't find a head piece that I liked and could afford.

Then I decided to try Penneys.  I never thought I would find something not to mind something I actually liked considering I am extremely picky, especially when it comes to matching. I found a dusty pink hairband with detail and small feathers for only €5! I bought it even though I had my heart set on getting something with netting.

Since I wasn't entirely in love with the hairpiece, although it matched my dress, I decided to spruce it up. It was very plain so I thought I would add some glitz. I created a pure one of a kind hairband by spending only €5 and pieces I found at home.

I used small pink diamantes, super glue and a tweezers and stuck them on at different intevals. I could put them anywhere but I choose the sides. I didn't over load the hairband with diamantes to avoid making it look too tacky. Take a look...
Super Glue, diamantes, tweezers



Plain head piece



Finished product!

I still really want netting so If I can find netting in a fabric shop I will also add this on. Although this little touch doesn't seem much but when the sun hits the diamantes I am sure it will shine and bring out the detail in my dress.
I will theme it with this dusty rose Lipsy dress which is still available on Asos.com on sale.


I hope this will help you create a new look with your old hats or even decorate a new piece and in turn have your own unique and individual hat or head piece.

Feedback and advice is always welcome :) 
- Love Ella x

No comments:

Post a Comment